WELCOME!

Welcome! At Please Don't Stop the Music we chat about the world of popular music.

Friday 14 January 2011

Drugs would kill me, says Jessie J


Drugs would kill me, says Jessie J

Pop sensation Jessie J is taking the music world by storm, having won the Critics’ Choice Award at the Brits, and topping the BBC Sound of 2011 poll. You’d think following this success the ‘Do it like a Dude’ diva would be out celebrating her rise to stardom. Not quite! Having suffered a minor stroke four years ago, and carrying a heart condition, Jessie can’t drink, smoke and says taking drugs would ‘kill her’.

In an exclusive chat Jessie revealed that her clean-living lifestyle means she can “only go on stage pure – I can’t be intoxicated with a spliff, or a double G&T”. So what about all the parties she must have been top of the guest list for recently? Jessie says she’d rather get some sleep! “All my friends know that if I even have a shandy I’ll be in bed because I’ll be so drunk!” she laughs. This is no problem for Jessie, whose philosophy is that you can be cool by just being you.   Wise words Jessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment